Rise of the Feline Monarchy

Fur? Check.
Fur on clothes? Yup.
Fur in places that leave you wondering? Sure.
Furocalypse? Imminent.
If you own a cat, (angry growling from the left), uh, let me rephrase that. If you are owned by a cat (because honestly cats own you), then you know what I am talking about. The fur issue can be a real pain when you are dressed to the nines and your cat decides that it is ready for some petting and stroking.  It is quite near impossible to deny them, as they entrap you in their servitude by shooting rays of slavery through their eyes. The more they dilate their pupils, the stronger the ray potential.
Notice the Rays of Slavery


You end up succumbing to their wiles and within minutes they decide they are bored and just up and leave, while you remain bereft and puzzled. Only when you notice your clothes do you realize the evil plan concocted by the feline masterminds. They make sure you look unpresentable and unsocial, because frankly, getting out cat hair from clothes is a pain. The pain becomes quite literal when you get impatient and scrub or dust your clothes harder, especially while you are still in them.

My cat, I believe, also happens to be psychic. She does not usually pay attention to me even when I am getting ready to go out. Rarely has she left her fur over my going-out clothes. On each of those rare occasions, I have encountered my crush. The incidences are so co-incidentally eerie, that now I try to get her to leave some fur on me, for luck. Of course, more often than not she refuses,  implying zero chances of me getting lucky. How sad is it that for me, even in college, getting lucky means just encountering the guy? I term myself super lucky if he has a few minutes to spare to talk. Wow. It’s even more depressing, now that I see it in print.
Mark borne by True Slaves of the Feline Overlords

Anyway, so the sight of fur is quite common for me and my friends who I hang around with. But to the ordinary eye( including the eye of the one I behold), it is unsettling, to say the least. It usually prompts questions, some said and some unsaid but clearly implied. I tell them about the upcoming feline furocalypse , which makes them laugh. In the case of the one that remains away, I hope he finds me funny after the above response or at the very least, finds my commitment to the needs of my feline overlord charming.
P.S - The rays of slavery are often misinterpreted as adorability of the animals to the uninitiated. 
Do you believe the furocalypse to be a fact? Tell us in the comments.




Comments

Popular Posts